Moms are the best. Moms of every kind! Leading up to Mother’s Day, we wanted to highlight a few RV families with awesome moms who either do part-time or full-time RV living. Before we get to the moms, we have a few tips for mothers who want to RV with their families.
Tips for Moms Who RV
- Keep your sanity with alone time
- When mom is in a bad mood, everyone is in a bad mood. Somehow that is doctrine. Make sure you get enough alone time so you can be the best you—in your tiny space.
- Don’t compare yourself to other moms
- This is good advice for everyone, but don’t compare yourself to the mom in the RV next door. You know what is best for your family, and if that means selling your home and living in your RV full time then that’s great. If that means living in a non-wheeled house and RVing on the weekends then that works too. Do what your family needs and don’t worry about the comparisons.
- You’re doing a good thing for your children
- You are showing them new places and giving them new experiences with your RV! Remember that you are helping them have a good life now, and you’re setting them up to be interesting adults.
4 RV Moms We Love
We could tell you about these moms, but we think you should just take a look at them yourself. They each have different focuses and interests and they’re doing an awesome job!
She and her husband have three kids who they travel the country with. They used to do full-time RV living, but in 2017 they switched to part-time. She posts cute updates to their Facebook page and shares helpful homeschooling and travel tips.
Bryanna and her husband have four kids and two pups who live in their RV full time. She shares a combination of work and travel inspo and her videos are great!
Kristy, husband, three little kids, and a beautiful RV. They also do full-time RV living, and share their adventures on their website. Check it out!
A husband, three kids, and a super cute dog. Stephanie’s family lives in the RV for a couple months a year. She’s all about breaking routine and finding adventure, with or without kids. Her family is one of the coolest RV families out there.
RVing as a family is possible!
Hopefully these moms show you that it is possible to RV and camp with kids, and you can have fun doing it. Happy Mother’s day to every type and kind of mother out there!